eBook Download and Sync Instructions
HP Press eBooks require the use of Adobe® Digital Editions (ADE).
If this is your first time using Adobe Digital Editions, you must first authorize the eReader before downloading books. Click here to download Adobe ADE for free.
Need Help? Schedule a free, one-on-one, online Remote Assistance session, to set up Adobe ADE at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
HP Press eBooks require the use of a reader application compatible with Adobe's DRM (Digital Rights Management) technology.
There are many such e-readers available. Regardless of which one you choose, to ensure proper functioning you MUST authorize the eReader BEFORE downloading eBooks from the HP Press site.
Each eBook can be downloaded on up to SIX devices running on different platforms (plus 1 additional authorization per year). Deauthorization on one device does not allow for authorization on a new device beyond the allotted number. You can re-download a purchased eBook from our site anytime without additional payment. Please follow the instructions below for the platform(s) relevant to you.
Warning! When installing Adobe DRM-compatible readers, please DO NOT select the option "I want to authorize my computer without an ID." If you authorize your computer without entering a Vendor ID, Adobe DRM protected items that you already have or that you will download in the future will only be readable on one particular device. These items will not be readable on other devices, and you will not be able to restore from a backup if you ever need to re-install your OS.
A. We recommend Adobe® Digital Editions (ADE3.0) for PCs and Macs. Click here to download it for free.
1. After downloading and installing Digital Editions from Adobe's website, you will be prompted to authorize the program with your Adobe ID and Password. If you don't yet have an account with Adobe, you will be prompted to open one. This also can be done here.
B. Once you have completed the installation of the ADE reader app, you can now download your eBook from our site to your Mac or PC:
1. Login to the My Account section of hppress.com site: https://h30590.www3.hp.com/mypage, then click the download link that appears on the My Downloads section and select the location to which you want it to be downloaded on your computer.
2. Navigate to the "URLLink" file on your computer and double-click on it.
a. Note that the "URLLink" file you downloaded is not your eBook. It is simply a file that authorizes Digital Editions to actually download the eBook.
3. This should automatically open ADE and authorize your computer to download the EPUB from our servers directly into ADE.C. Once the file has been successfully downloaded from our site and authorized on your computer, ADE should automatically open the file so you can start reading.
C. Once the file has been successfully downloaded from our site and authorized on your computer, ADE should automatically open the file so you can start reading.
1. First install the latest version of the DL eReader. You can find it for free here.
2. Once you have installed the eReader, it is requested that you authorize it. Open the DL Reader and tap the Android Menu icon on your tablet. Then, tap account. Enter your Adobe ID and password and tap Activate device.
3. From the HP Press download email, tap the "Download my eBooks" button. You are directed to the HP Press download page. Click on the green download buttons. In the pop up that appears, tap "Complete action using" and select DL Reader from the list of available apps. Then, you can chose between "Always" to make the DL Reader your default reader, or "Just Once". Your eBook will upload automatically.
Q Where can I create my Adobe ID?
A You can create an Adobe ID here.
Q Can I download my eBooks onto several devices?
A If you authorize your eReader with your Adobe ID, you will be able to sync your eBooks on up to 6 devices.
Q I am not able to sync my eBooks onto my other devices.
A Please verify that you have authorized your Reader with your Adobe ID. If you have chosen to authorize your Reader without Adobe ID, you will not be able to sync to several devices.
1.First install the latest version of the DL eReader. You can find it for free here.
2.Once you have installed the eReader, it is requested that you authorize it. Tap the (i) settings icon on the bottom right of your screen. In ACTIVATE THIS DEVICE, go to Account Type and select "Adobe ID". Enter your Adobe ID and password and tap Activate.
3.From the HP Press download email, tap the "Download my eBooks" button. You are directed to the HP Press download page. Click on the green download buttons. You are requested to select your eReader. TapOpen in... and select Open in DL Reader. Your book will upload automatically.
4.Alternatively, you can sync your eBooks from your computer to your iPad.
On your computer, open iTunes, then select your iPad in the device list at the top right of the iTunes screen.
Then, in the main menu bar, go to APP. Scroll down to File Sharing and and select your DL Reader in the App list, on the left column.
Then in the right column, you can sync your ebooks by clicking Add and browsing to your downloaded eBooks (per default, your eBooks will be stored in Documents/Digital Editions. Click the Sync button to synchronize and your eBooks will appear in the DL Reader on your iPad.